September 23, 2020
Health

No “Confirmed” Case of Coronavirus in Oyo State – Commissioner

Oyo state government says there is no confirmed case of outbreak of coronavirus in the state contrary to speculation making round.

Addressing journalists in Ibadan, Commissioner for Health, Dr Bashir Bello stated this while addressing journalists in Ibadan.

Dr Bello explained that an individual who just returned from the UK was self-isolation pointing out that the investigation was ongoing to run tests on samples collected from the individual at the National Reference Laboratory, LUTH, for Southwest.

On the outbreak in neighbouring states, Dr Bello said Oyo state Ministry of Health has activated surveillance system while the contact tracing was ongoing.

He said adequate resources had been deployed to all facilities in case of unforeseen circumstances. 

Dr Bello implored member of the pubic to remain calm and ensure strict compliance to hygiene practices of regular hand washing (with soap and running water or use of alcohol-based sanitizers) and observe good respiratory hygiene.

The commissioner equally implored individuals arriving Oyo State and other parts of Nigeria from countries with ongoing COVID-19 outbreak to notify the Ministry of Health on arrival, and undergo supervised self-isolation for at least fourteen days before moving around. 

Iyabo Adebisi

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *