We did not sponsor thugs to disperse #ENDSARS Protesters – Osun Govt.
Osun State Government says it did not sponsor thugs to disperse the #ENDSARS Now protesters in Osogbo on Thursday morning.
In a statement in Osogbo, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Ismael Omipidan explained that the government had been engaging with the protesters since the agitation began on Monday.
The statement is a reaction to an earlier release credited to a Socio-Political organisation, the Democratic Socialist Movement, DSM which alleged that the government sponsored attack on the protest.
He stated that the government also invited leaders of the protesters for an interface with the police, saying that they declined claiming that they had no leader.
The government maintained that it was committed to protecting the right of citizens in all forms.
In the DSM statement credited to its Osun State coordinator, Mr Alfred Adegoke and Secretary, Mr Kola Ibrahim, the DSM said the nature of the attack and earlier move of the government suggested that the attack on the peaceful protesters was sponsored by the state government.
Recall, that some people numbering about 10 early on Thursday dispersed about 20 protesters moving from Okefair to Olaiya.