Broadcasting was physically introduced in form of Radio distribution system under the department of post telegraph by the colonial government in 1933. The main feature then was the reception of overseas services of the British Broadcasting Commission (BBC) which later became Radio diffusion system (RDS). The system was officially commissioned in 1933 by which time the system had spread from Lagos Island to Ikoyi, Ebute Meta and Apapa. In 1943, the system was opened in Ibadan followed by Kano station which was commissioned in the year 1944. Between 1945 and 1949 stations were opened in the following towns; Kaduna, Enugu, Abeokuta, Ijebu-Ode, Jos, Calabar and Port-Harcourt. The kind of interest generated by listeners led the colonial masters to re-examine the entire objective of Radio Broadcasting in Nigeria. The Nigerialisation of NBC continued gradually until October 1963 when Rev. Victor Badejo became the first Nigerian General Director of the Corporation. Radio Nigeria began commercial service in November 1960. This aim was to provide marketing service to Nigeria’s growing industries and commerce. A progress report on the Nigeria Broadcasting Commission published by the West African magazine in 31st May 1967 said that, right from start the commercial outfit provided the advertiser with a non wide service unprecedented in the history of broadcasting in Nigeria. Radio Nigeria Ibadan came on stream on April 1st 1955 with a short wave transmitter located at Oke Are area of Ibadan. By December 1957, Ibadan was equipped with two transmitters’ 10Kw Medium wave and 5Kw Shortwave. The Ibadan studios were situated at the Oxford House. The installations effectively enabled NBS to commence broadcasting from four locations across Nigeria. Lagos, Kaduna, Enugu and Ibadan. The Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, FRCN, Africa’s largest radio network with six zonal stations in: Markurdi (North Central), Kaduna (North West), Maiduguri (North East), Enugu (South East), Yenogoa (South South), Ibadan (South West) operating on short and medium wave bands and two operations centres, as well as over 32 FM stations across the country, was established by Decree No. 8 of 1978 with sole rights to shortwave or powerful medium wave broadcasting for effective and simultaneous reception in the country. Ibadan National Station is a dynamic station that broadcasts in English, Yoruba, Edo, Igala and Urobho languages. The station is received in Lagos, Ekiti, Edo, Kogi, Ondo, Delta, Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Anambra and Benue states. With the help of shortwaves transmitter, people in Ghana, Ivory Coast and other areas of African countries enjoy the station’s news and programmes. A Zonal Director oversees the station and he is assisted by Deputy Directors and Assistant Directors who supervise the different Divisions in the station. The divisions are: Programmes, News and Current Affairs, Engineering Services, Finance, Marketing, Administration, ICT, Audit and Procurement. The station once operated on three channels namely: Channel One otherwise known as the station with a vision transmitting on 6.050 KHS 49 meters (shortwave). Channel Two popularly known as Ore-Ara-Ilu (Friend of the people) transmitting on 657 KHZ 522 meters (Medium wave). The third Channel is Premier FM 93.5 with the pet name, “Your Dependable Companion”. It transmits programmes in English and Yoruba languages. The station had gone on to expand to coordinate the activities of 7 stations in South West zone of Nigeria. All stations transmit on FM frequency. Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria is the trailblazer of broadcast organization in Nigeria which had richly impacted the Socio-political culture of the nation and sub- Sahara Africa. The Corporation had metamorphosed to become the largest Radio Network in Africa.